PR and Marketing Intern
We’re looking for an intern for a digital content role, to help us upgrade our web presence and manage day to day online marketing and PR activities.
First and foremost we need someone that is a great writer, and who is confident conducting interviews, writing artist profiles, press releases and blog posts. You’ll have guidance and support the entire way but we need someone that will be happy to take a brief and run with it.
On top of that we need someone who is interested in digital and how content travels online, how people use search, social and blogs to discover and engage with content.
This is an unpaid position amounting to 3-5 days a week with flexible hours that can fit in around university and paid employment. We are based in Leytonstone, London E11.
What You'll Get Out of It
You will be working under a former Content Marketing Director from leading London agencies, who will teach you everything you need to know and offer you a huge amount of support. We will train you on all the fundamentals of content marketing and PR, as well as how to use various platforms, tools and software. We'll make sure you come away with a portfolio full of writing and editorial work created by YOU, and you'll see your work published in many top music blogs and magazines. You'll also gain connections in music press, promotion, booking, and loads of bands.
What the Day to Day Looks Like
- Writing for our blog, website, press releases and social media
- Brainstorming editorial content ideas: articles, interviews, playlists, videos, photography and more
- Uploading content to the blog, online store, social, YouTube, Soundcloud and Bandcamp
- Updating the marketing calendar
- Responding to Facebook and Twitter comments
- Planning and compiling email newsletters
- PR research
- Reaching out to press, bloggers and influencers about Fuzz Club releases
- Compiling reports on blog, e-commerce and social content performance
- And packing records, which we all do together a couple of times a week
- A natural flair for writing
- Flawless spelling and grammar
- Super motivated, driven and organised
- A good eye for layout design
- A love of underground and independent music
Bonus Skills but not required
- An understanding of SEO
- An understanding of social media and the behaviours and functions of the major platforms
- Basic Photoshop prowess
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, social platform and YouTube analytics
- Knowledge of Wordpress or similar CMS
About Fuzz Club
Fuzz Club is an independent record label, online store and production company that focuses on experimental rock and roll, influenced by shoegaze, electronica, noise, garage, blues, folk and psychedelia.
Based in East London, Fuzz Club has gained a reputation for surfacing the best emerging talent from Europe and beyond, and releasing them on high end, limited edition vinyl pressings, alongside a roster of the best known names in the underground scene.
Today we have around 20 artists and 40 releases, as well as global distribution and press coverage by all major UK and European music titles.
About The Team
We started as a one man operation in 2012 and are now in the process of building a strong core team to facilitate fast growth in 2016. We are now a team of 8 with 3-4 people working from the office each day. Everyone working at Fuzz Club is from a different country and background but we have a common love of independent music and a drive for success.
To apply or find out more please contact Alexandra Dunn, Head of Marketing at Fuzz Club